Cooking Matters Director
Position Title: Cooking Matters Director
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Arkansas No Kid Hungry campaign director
Closing Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Contact: Send Resume with cover letter to
Patty Barker, No Kid Hungry campaign director, firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be responsible for leading, recruiting, coordinating, monitoring and fundraising for Cooking Matters nutrition education programs in the state. For more information on the Cooking Matters program click here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, plus other duties as assigned:
- Recruit partners for Cooking Matters program through phone calls, one-on-one and group meetings, presentations to the community, etc.
- Maintain good communications between Share Our Strength, Alliance staff, food banks, partners and local agencies.
- Implement and manage Cooking Matters six-week course programming throughout the state, and support Cooking Matters at the Store tour and event planning and implementation by Cooking Matters at the Store field manager.
- Provide in-person start-up training to new Cooking Matters Coordinators across the state and ongoing technical assistance and training to current partners.
- Help recruit and train volunteers for the program.
- Work closely with Cooking Matters Satellite Partners to ensure program is implemented appropriately through on-site course visits, routine contacts and regular phone calls.
- Monitor and compile required data concerning Cooking Matters classes and store tours held in the state, and ensure timely return and reporting of evaluations to Share Our Strength.
- Prepare, track, and report on grant proposals and budgets.
- Incorporate SNAP outreach into Cooking Matters programming when possible.
- Contribute to long term planning and development to ensure the sustainability of Cooking Matters programs.
- Participate in policy development, evaluation and research projects as needed.
- Attend annual training and other conferences as needed.
- Supervise the Cooking Matters at the Store Field Manager: support manager in planning and coordinating store tours, event days, demonstrations, trainings and related events, and in outreach and volunteer recruitment.
- Supervise and complete reporting requirements for AmeriCorps Direct members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required for this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in business, communications, social work, or marketing or related discipline and two or more years related experience.
- Computer experience required with knowledge of Microsoft Office and presentation software.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required, with public presentation experience.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to design, manage and execute projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Long-range planning and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and coalitions.
- Ability to travel is required. Must provide own transportation.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- 40K-45K based on qualifications and experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Simple IRA (Alliance will match employee contributions up to 3 percent.)