Job Title: AmeriCorp Direct Member for Cooking Matters
Cooking Matters plays a critical role in Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign-a national effort to end childhood hunger in America (www.nokidhungry.org). We are seeking a full-time AmeriCorps member to work with Cooking Matters Lead Partner, Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance, in Little Rock, Arkansas. Click here for complete details and application information.
|Member Duties : The Cooking Matters AmeriCorps member will work with The Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance, Cooking Matters staff to implement effective hands-on courses and tours teaching families at risk of hunger that healthy cooking can be delicious, enjoyable-and most important-affordable. Work with chefs, nutrition educators and agency/site managers to implement courses and tours using Cooking Matters curriculum. Provide volunteer instructors with training and materials needed to teach courses and tours and make sure they follow procedures and course guidelines. Provide timely and consistent communications with volunteers. Identify and participate in opportunities to recruit volunteers. Member commits to 1700 hours of service within a 12-month period. The full-time member will receive a living allowance of $12,530, a basic health plan, training, child care (based on income eligibility and need), and an AmeriCorps education award of $5,730 upon successful completion of service.|
|Program Benefits : Childcare assistance if eligible , Training , Education award upon successful completion of service , Living Allowance , Health Coverage .|
Permits attendance at school during off hours , Permits working at another job during off hours , Car recommended .
|Service Areas :
Health , Hunger .
General Skills , Communications , Social Services , Teaching/Tutoring , culinary/nutrition , Public Speaking .
Job Title: Youth Ambassadors (2 positions)
Through the support of Sodexo Foundation, Share Our Strength has created a program to involve college-aged Youth Ambassadors in the fight against childhood hunger by working with one of their state No Kid Hungry partners. As a state partner, the Alliance will be hosting TWO Youth Ambassador positions again this summer. Youth Ambassadors will receive a stipend of up to $2000 for 10 weeks of work (with one flex week for vacation), starting the week of May 31 (with Memorial Day off) through week of August 1.
The Youth Ambassadors will:
- Work on collaborative projects along with State Partner organization that would help increase number of children getting access to healthy meals in the community (50-60%). Activities may include: visiting and evaluating summer meals sites, organizing or leading community outreach efforts, partner meetings, and online and social media organizing.
- Story and content collection related to No Kid Hungry national efforts (20%)
- Miscellaneous tasks, including administrative tasks (10-20%)
No Kid Hungry seeks enthusiastic college students to join our program as Youth Ambassadors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A great attitude and willingness to work on all kinds of projects
- Interest in hunger issues
- Commitment to working with diverse communities
- Reliability, responsibility, and a good work ethic
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with social media
- Daily access to a car and use of personal laptop and mobile phone preferred.
Youth Ambassadors will receive a stipend of no more than $2000 for 10 weeks of work (with one flex week for vacation).
Youth Ambassadors will report to a national No Kid Hungry staff member, and a local staff member. Ambassadors will participate in weekly conference calls, complete a weekly report, and attend an online training session prior to the start of work.
Interested applicants should apply online at http://nokidhungry.org/ambassadors.
For questions about the position in Little Rock at the Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance, contact:
Patty Barker, email@example.com, or call 501-399-9999.